How to Handle Issues in the V12 Engine of Your MercedesPosted on: March 26, 2019
When you pay good money for a luxury vehicle, you expect it to do its job, right? That is a reasonable request, but every auto part has issues at some point or another, whether it be from normal wear or circumstances out of your control. If you are having problems with your V12 engine in your Mercedes, stop and read this. We will tell you what to look for, why these problems are happening, what you can do to prevent them in the future, and where you should go to have these issues resolved before you risk further damage to your car.
Warning Signs of a Malfunctioning V12 Engine
Always pay close attention to anything that does not seem normal while your Mercedes is running. Any of the following signs could be a warning that your Mercedes V12 engine is malfunctioning or failing. If any of these occur, it is crucial that you get yourself in for repairs as soon as possible before the damage gets worse.
● Hydraulic fluid may be leaking from the engine. Any number of fluids leak for several different issues, but you can tell that it is hydraulic fluid if the puddle has an amber hue.
● Your engine could overheat. There are a number of things that can cause this problem, but once it starts it is important to address it as quickly as possible, as it can do more damage to your engine over time if allowed to persist.
● You will experience engine misfiring.
You know what you are looking for, but you do not know the full extent of the engine’s issues. Let’s get to the root of the problem.
Why Mercedes V12 Engines Malfunction
The symptoms you have noticed while driving are just the tip of the iceberg. These V12 engines can malfunction for several reasons.
● The active body control system in a Mercedes V12 engine will often leak hydraulic fluid because the seals could be broken, the hydraulic lines could be faulty, or the struts are malfunctioning.
● Overheating can be caused by a number of issues, from leaking coolant to a busted head gasket. Some of these problems are a simple ten-minute fix, while others may require the whole engine to be torn down. What they do all have in common is that they are compounding — neglecting to address the issue will only make it worse.
● Engine misfiring happens because V12 engines sometimes have trouble igniting. This is because many of them have faulty ignition coils that need to be replaced.
How to Prevent Malfunction of a V12 Engine
There is one pretty simple thing you can do to prevent your V12 engine from malfunctioning further or breaking down altogether: regularly see a qualified mechanic for inspections and repairs. You need a professional to diagnose the problem for you so they can get it done before anything catastrophic happens. Scheduling regular visits will help you catch any problem early on.
Where to Have Your V12 Engine Repaired
Not just any mechanic is prepared to work on a European vehicle like a Mercedes. Hiring an amateur who does not specialize in the care of these foreign beauties will cost you more money and more stress later on because the root problems were not properly addressed, or possibly even not correctly diagnosed.
That is why you should come see our skilled service technicians here at Orion Automotive Services. We specialize in repairing European model vehicles like yours along with Audi, BMW, Land Rover, Mercedes, Mini Cooper, Subaru, Volkswagen, and Volvo models. As you can see, our mechanics have a wide range of talents and will be ready to handle whatever you need done. We do the job right the first time and have been successfully doing so for decades. We put our customers first and treat your beloved vehicle with the care it deserves.
If you find yourself needing help with your engine or anything else and you live near Ann Arbor, MI, you can come to us for help at any time! Call or stop by to make an appointment so we can get you back on the road, enjoying the healthy purr of your Mercedes’ V12 engine.